Living with COPD comes along with several challenges, however, there are many ways you could fight these challenges. Here are some everyday tips for living with COPD:
- Wear loose clothing: Loose and light clothing can make it easier for you to breathe, and are also easier to put on and take off. You could also buy slip on shoes that are comfortable and easy to wear without much effort.
- Household gadgets: Research online or in stores for gadgets and tools that can make daily activities easier for you.
- Do not hesitate to ask for help: If you cannot do something by yourself, ask a friend, a loved one or anyone around you to help. If you feel the need to have someone around often, then you might want to consider hiring a helper to help you clean, cook, or do any other household task.
- Always remember to take your medication: Place your medicine at a location in your house where you spend a lot of time, so that you never forget to take them.
- Take your time: Do not rush.Do activities at a slow pace and generally take as much time as you need to complete any chores or tasks.
- Keep it within an arm’s reach: Keep everything you use or need very often close to you and in the areas you spend the most of your time, such as the living room or kitchen. For example, always have your medication close to you, potentially in your bathroom or kitchen if you spend most of your time in either location.
Are you or a loved one living with COPD? See if you qualify for IMMUNOe’s clinical research study on COPD toady!